Sunday, June 1, 2008

Trailer-load of memories

We had our yard sale yesterday. It went pretty well, had a good turn out and made enough to make it worth, besides the fact that it made us go through all our junk and get rid of some of it. It was hard to see some of it go, but it went to good homes, I hope! We piled the rest in the trailer, and took it to D.I. We had everything from things that have hung in the kid's rooms since they were little, to books we've read them at night, and stuffies they've loved and snuggled with at night time and when they need a little extra love. Why is it so hard to get rid of these things!, just stuff that takes up space, but that hold so many great memories for us. Thanks to a tear-jerking email from my mom reminiscing about all the things she misses about her children that are not small anymore, I've really tried to enjoy my kids more. Every moment, every book read, every bath given, every extra snuggle, even every tear that I can comfort and dry. The stuffies are nice, but it's my kids that I should really cherish, not the stuff. So I'm going to try and do that more every day and not sweat the small stuff that gets in the way.

Quote of the Day
A realization Gavin had in the car today,
"Mommy, I'm not a baby. I can talk"
Don't remind me Gav, I need my baby back!

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey Alison! I'm so glad I found your blog! It's so great to see what you guys have been up to! Look like you guys will have lots of adventures ahead! Good luck and keep posting!
Jamie A