Wednesday, June 25, 2008

First Camping of the Season

We're a little late on our first trip up the canyon, we usually try to go in the Spring sometime when it's still a little cooler. But this Spring it was QUITE cool for QUITE a long time! and then of course turned blazing hot overnight. But last night we decided to take our maiden voyage up AF Canyon to roast some weenies and set some mallows on fire. Chris's mom came with us. We had a great time, it was still hot even up the canyon but at least cooler than down here. We didn't even need jackets. Chris built a great fire, the kids climbed on rocks, and we just sat and enjoyed the peace and quiet of the canyon. We're going to miss the mountains! but hope the Ozarks will bring some of the fun that the Rockies do.



Gavin stealing a mallow, he preferred the uncooked kind, which is good 'cause the rest of his ended up in the fire. By the end of the night the kids were stealing them and throwing them into the fire to see them blow up.


They did a great job on their own roasting the dogs, only minimal amounts of ash :)

Perfectly roasted weener


"I so strong!"


Luckily we did not end up in the emergency room!


Yummm S'mores. I told Maci I would help her make a S'more right after I was done eating my hot dog. She watched me the whole time, and as soon as I took that last bite, she immediately asked, NOW can you make me a S'more?! Patient little girl!

2 comments:

DeSpain Domain said...

Good old AF canyon, those were the days... Looks like you guys had a great time.

Jennie Z said...

You are making me homesick and my parents don't even live there anymore!!! We've had lots of memories up the canyon. It would be so fun to be in Utah again.