Sunday, June 22, 2008

All About Maci

Maci by her favorite ride at Disneyland, Thunder Mountain.

Well I did my little shpeal on Gavin so now I need to do one on Maci's favorite things and sayings. I don't remember a lot of things Maci said when she was little, but here's a few. I should have written these down when she was 2! My incentive to keep a better journal/blog.

Nilk-Milk She said this for the longest time and we thought it was so cute. We wanted to have a shirt made that said "Got Nilk?"
Nuseum-Museum Hmm we're seeing a pattern here! I never thought of that, but I guess M's are a little hard for her to say. She can say her name fine?!

Maci carried a dolly around with her everywhere when she was little till she was about 3. It was a pink dolly my friend Susan had given me at a baby shower. It had a little rattle on the inside. We lost dolly several times and got new ones, and also when dolly got too dirty to look clean even when we washed her. She would twirl dolly's ponytail around her finger when she needed comfort or was falling asleep. Gavin does the same thing with his blankie. So cute! I thought it was very sweet that she was so attached.
Here's the best pic I could find with a decent shot of Dolly, why didn't we take one?!

Maci loves to use big words and has always had a great vocabulary for her age. She talks very well and spoke in sentences far before Gavin has, but I guess that's the way it is with boys and girls.

  • Maci's favorite things now, at 5 years old:
  • Playing Dress-up, make-up, nails, shoes, the WORKS!
  • Playing with friends, she has to have a friend over to think that the day has been a success.
  • Playing with her brother, especially on the tramp or outside
  • Going to the park
  • Riding her bike
  • Painting, coloring, she's a great artist
  • Watching movies, her favorite is any Barbie movie, Mermaidia, Fairytopia, etc.
  • Watching movies on the air mattress and having movie night!
  • Going to Grandma W's for a sleepover (or Grandma B if she didn't live in her house!)
  • Wrestling with Daddy, anything with Daddy

A Daddy's girl then, and now! (No fair the Chris looks EXACTLY the same!)

  • Playing Nick Jr. games on the internet
  • Painting a craft with Mommy
  • Doing little chores, the glass doors and fingerprints are her favorite

Maci is such a great big sister. She and Gavin have their moments, but for the most part they are so cute together and play well together. She's very patient with him most of the time and is always willing to help him when he needs it. I heard them in the family room the other day wrestling, she had him pinned some way and was saying "Say you love me, I'm not letting go till you say you love me!" and they were both just howling with laughter. That's the kind of thing a mother loves to hear from her kids. You are my sunshine Mac, and I love you so much! I'm definitely going to go through withdrawals when school starts in the fall. We love you!
The two partners in crime.

Just some cute shots through the years. Awwwwww.



1 comments:

Jennie Z said...

I can't beleive your kids are so old. They are so darling. Kate is in that doll stage right now where she can't function without it by her side, so I guess we aren't that weird! I agree with you that it isn't fair that guys can look exactly the same as they did 5 years ago!!!!! Anyway, Maci is adorable!