Monday, June 30, 2008

Surgery

So dad's surgery went really well. Turned out they only had to do a triple bypass, that's soooo much better, sarcasm implied. But it went off without a hitch, and he's beginning recovery in the ICU for a couple days. He'll be in the hospital for the rest of the week, and then home to recover. He will not be allowed to drive, mow, sweep, paint, etc. for 8 weeks, which will be extremely difficult for him! But I'm sure my mom will keep him in tow. (toe?) Anyway, I'm glad he'll be back to his jovial self and hopefully by the time we see him at Christmas there will be no trace of this evil heart junk left.

I also went to the Ear Nose Throat guy today, after sitting in his office for 2 hrs! before I even saw the whites of his eyes, rhghghghghghghgh. He said unless I'm having serious troubles with these huge tonsils of mine, I can probably get by not taking them out right now. What with the move, a wedding, another much sicker patient in the home, oh yeah and that move, I think I'm better off waiting it out. If I have another couple bouts of tonsilitis or strep by the end of the year maybe I'll think about having it done in MO. And also we have horrible insurance right now, and will have even worse insurance in MO, and would have to pay the almost 3000$ it costs in full. Nope, not gonna do that so I can be in bed for 2 weeks while I'm trying to pack up a household. So decision made, not going to do it. I feel good about that, except that I was expecting to lose 10lbs easily :( Oh well, guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

2 comments:

Jennie Z said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. Glad the surgery went well and they caught it before it was worse. Hope your tonsils get better. We are getting ready to move across town this week and I have decided I HATE MOVING! I will admit the cross country move we made last summer was worse, so GOOD LUCK! Hope it all goes well.

DeSpain Domain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.