Saturday, June 14, 2008

Night out on the Town

So I haven't posted this week, it's been a busy one! It's been so great having my mom and dad back again. They've been getting settled, and we've been getting settled into their routine here in the house, etc. We've been to the park a lot this week with friends and cousins, ran lots of errands as always, went roller skating at Classic Skating, and went in search of hair clips to make hair flower bows out of. This took up at least 5 hours of my week, but I finally found them at. . . . Sally's Beauty Supply, duh! I looked at every craft store in both counties before I thought of that brilliant location, and there they were. So I've made about 15 hair bow flowers, my new favorite thing, some for friends, some for a baby shower, and some for Maci and I. So if you want a flower bow, you know who to ask! I'll give em to ya cheap. Maci is modeling one here :)

Anyway, Chris and I have been planning a night out for about a week now. Chris's dad gave us a gift certificate for Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in SLC for Chris's graduation and we haven't had a chance to use it yet. So we swapped babysitting with a friend and went out last night. We decided to get all dolled up so it felt like a real special occasion, which it was! Chris wore his best suit and I wore a new dress I got for my sister's wedding in July. It was really fun to get dressed up and make it a special night. We dropped the kids off and drove up there. It was a perfect night, not too hot yet. The place is really nice, we got a great table. We both ate steaks, great salads, and the best sweet potatoes you've ever had in your life! Everyone we had asked about going there said we had to get those and they were right! The expense was out of sight, but you have to do that every once in a while I guess, and thankfully it was a gift! I don't see how people justify that very often, we would have been just as happy at The Rice King or something like that, but it was fun. I had a great night with my honey, and I'm so glad we still go on dates, even if it's not as often as we'd like. So to all who are reading this, go out on a date with your sweetie! It's the best time you can spend on your marriage, and I'm glad my sweetie thinks it's important. Love you babe, thanks for all you do!

1 comments:

Jenny said...

How fun! I would love to get all dressed up and go on a date. Sure Eric and I still go on lots of dates, since we dont have kids yet, but it never feels like an event. Great idea! Now I just have to get Eric on baord with the dressing up part, he is a total t-shirt and jeans guy.