Friday, August 1, 2008

Goodbye's

My friend Mary had a BBQ for us with a great group of friends. Josh and Maria Rasmussen, Skyler and Mary Smith, Brandon and Kenzie Wall, Justin and Nicole Sutherland, and all our crazy kids were there. We had such a great time. We ate wonderful food, let the kids play in the back yard, and just sat and talked for about 4 hours. This is what I will miss most when we move to Missouri. Our kids have grown up together, and so have we frankly, and we're all best of friends! It was hard to say goodbye, but I didn't break down until after we left, thank goodness. I wasn't completely embarassed. I'm sure we'll see these guys when we come back for holidays, and I hope when we return for good that things haven't changed and that we'll be friends forever. Somehow I think that will be the case, even though it seems like we'll be worlds apart for a long time. Thank goodness for blogs! and email, and phones. The world is smaller than it used to be. Thanks Mary for a great night!





We were talking waay past bedtimes, so the kids vegged out in front of a movie.

2 comments:

Joel said...

I'm sorry I missed your goodbye party, but that's okay cause I will have the easiest time jumping ship and coming to visit in Misery, err, Missouri. Something like that.

Anonymous said...

yeah, me too. Wait! I guess I'll have to get a hall pass but that'll be slick. Time to plan a road trip!