Saturday, August 23, 2008

Maci's First Day of Kindergarten

So Maci started school the day after we got here, the 15th of August. They don't do the week later kindergarten thing here, but her school only goes till 4th grade, so there's not a ton of big kids around to intimidate them. We went on Thursday and got her registered, met her teacher and walked all around the school. She loved it. Her teacher is Mrs. Mays and she's very sweet. She only has about 15 kids in her class, which is fabulous! It goes from 8:40-3:40 every day, needless to say she's pretty exhausted when she gets home. She had virtually no qualms about going, we walked in and found her seat, she sat down and started coloring, gave us a hug goodbye, that was it! She was adamant though about bringing an apple for her teacher, she was the only one who did. Her teacher looked very pleased and thought it was sweet. She loves that she gets to bring a lunch. I don't think she'll be riding the bus, that's just too big a leap for me! But I love picking her up and hearing about her day. She's done great so far and has met some new friends, Lilian is the one I've heard the most about. I am going to volunteer at the library during the time her class goes on Thursdays, so I got to meet a few of the friends she's talked about, and check out those who she's kind of complained about being mean ;) It was really fun to be a part of her school experience and I hope I can keep doing it. I thought I'd have a harder time with her actually going, and I do miss her, but I'm not worried about her the way I thought I'd be. She's safe there and I don't have to worry about that, which is great. Gavin is doing pretty well without her, he always wants to save some of his lunch or a treat to share with Maci when she gets home. Daddy's been home to help me keep him occupied, we'll see how we fair when I'm on my own. Way to be a big kindergartener Maci! We love you!



This is what the backpack fairy left her for her first day of school. Yes, we like fairy's at our house!

0 comments: