Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Wedding/Birthday of the Century



Well the time finally came for this wedding. It just happened to be on Chris's 29th birthday as well, we'll never let Katie live that one down. So we tried to make the day extra special by making breakfast for Chris in the morning. The kids and I made waffles and bacon, and gave him his presents. The kids picked out two cds, Jack Johnson and The Bravery, two excellent picks if you ask me. I got him a Wii Zapper. Very exciting presents this year, I know. We had a good morning and got the kids ready for the big day ahead. Happy 29th babe!

The wedding ceremony was beautiful, Katie and Brett looked so happy and it all went very smoothly. I didn't even lose it emotionally! I could have, I just choked it back so I wouldn't have mascara everywhere :) Weddings are such a mix of emotions, happy for them and their future, sad for what will change in your relationship with them, at least that's how I felt. Katie and I have gotten so close with us living here, we've always been close, but it's different when you can talk till 2 in the morning and eat breakfast together the next day. She's been a great help to me while we've been here and I just love being around her. I'm going to miss her! But I'm very happy for her. We had a great day, filled with pictures, food, friends, family, fun! We did family pictures outside the temple right after the ceremony. Then we went home for a bit and went to the reception place, Mellor's in Lehi, to set up the tables, etc. The dinner started at 6:00, it was great food. There were a few touching speeches, then we went out to the gardens for cake and the dancing, throw the bouquet, etc. It was a lot of fun, and much more personable than a reception usually is I think. If I had it to do over again I might do the dinner thing like Katie and not the long reception line. We had a great time. Now the kids are off on a Baja cruise till Sunday.




My sister Sarah was here with her husband, from San Jose. They didn't stay with us but spent a lot of time at our house. We played plenty of Rock Band and had a blast with them. The kids love it when they come into town since they don't seem them that often.






My dad held up exceptionally well through the day. He's doing really well and has been on his best behavior with listening to the Dr's advice. It was a long day but he made it through with flying colors. He slept a lot on Sunday though ;)

1 comments:

DeSpain Domain said...

Happy Birthday Chris! July 19th is the BEST day of the year for a birthday!!! :)