Monday, February 16, 2009

My 5 year old is 6!


Maci's birthday was Feb. 12th. We had such a fun day! She started off by going to school, with poster in hand all about her, what she likes, who's in her family, etc. She got to share this with the class. They didn't have school on Friday, so the Valentine's Day party was that day. She said it was a party for her though :) I usually go into the library with her on Thursdays, but they had the party during that time, so I got to go help all the kids go from station to station at the party. It was fun, I really enjoy seeing Maci in her element at school. We made rice crispy treats cut out in heart shapes to share with her class. Unfortunately, the schedule was busy that day and they didn't have "snack" time in the afternoon, so her teacher forgot to hand them out! They had plastic wrap over them so maybe they'll keep till today, we'll see.

We decided to let Maci have a sleepover with her 3 best friends from the ward, Emily, Emma, and Lilly. These 4 go to dance together and are just best buds. Luckily they did have school off on Friday so we could have the party on her actual birthday. We ate spaghetti and breadsticks, which is her favorite dinner, and had a My Little Pony cake, (thanks again Anne!). We let the girls decorate crowns, and just hang out and play. They had a blast, went to bed at a decent hour, but woke up at 4:30am! and would not go back to sleep. Now I know why most parents hate sleepovers! They had such a great time though and I'm glad Maci got to spend her birthday how she wanted to.

She got some great presents from all the family back home, so thank you Grandma's and Grandpa's Boren and Ward!! She loved it all and has played with it all already. We took her to the store on Friday to spend her birthday money from Gma and Gpa Boren, she loved getting to pick whatever she wanted, but had a hard time choosing!

Here's a few things about Maci (so I'll remember when she's old ;) )
She loves to draw and color, paint and craft
Her favorite food is spaghetti, but she's not a very picky eater. She loves fruit and veggies!
Her favorite thing to play is Barbies and Dress-up
I love hearing her play with her friends, they have great imaginations!
Her favorite Board Game is Leap Frog Bingo, we play it ALL the time!
She is an excellent student and stays "on task" at school. She's reading at a
1st grade level already!
She is very friendly and makes friends easily
She's very passionate about things, some might say dramatic??
She loves to laugh and often gets the uncontrollable giggles
She's a great helper, and loves to help me cook especially
She loves her brother, even though he causes said drama on occasion
She is a daddy's girl
She's started to take showers recently, and loves to stay in there for as long as I'll let her
and loves singing in the shower.
She is a girly girl through and through. She loves getting dressed up, wearing jewelry and
doing her hair in a special way. She'll get dressed up if we say we're going out to dinner!

She is by far my favorite Daughter in the whole world! Love you Maci!




2 comments:

Judy said...

Happy Birthday Maci! I can't believe how much she looks like her dad to me. I remember when you put pink candies on my desk the day you found out she was a girl (remember that?) and when Tammy and I came to see you at the hospital... seems like just yesterday, kills me that it was 6 years ago!

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

Wasn't she in a car seat just a few months ago? I can't believe how fast they grow up.