Monday, February 2, 2009

Lament of the Grungy Galley Floor


Oohhh kitchen floor, why doest thou punish me! With your vast sea of filthy vinyl that needs to be swept, scrubbed, and scoured far too often? Your immenseness is daunting to me, time and time again.

Alright, enough of that. The Thesaurus website is giving me trouble :) But seriously, I hate cleaning my floor!! And therefore, it does not get cleaned enough. But this Sat. it was my one thing I really wanted to get done, so I did it. Any my triceps are feeling it still today, 2 days later. But it looked nice, for a day :)

We also taught Maci how to vacuum the floor "properly" in hopes to have that as one of her regular Saturday jobs. I've been horrible at giving my kids jobs on a regular basis, mostly because I know it would be faster for me to do it myself. But she's old enough now, and Gavin too, that she can do things on her own in a fairly competent manner, even if it does take a little longer. They also washed the glass on all the doors and windows that were low enough for them to reach. My little cleaning crew is blossoming!


Chris's job he wanted to get done was to paint some walls that have needed it since we moved in, but didn't get done due to painting exhaustion. But we rallied our little troops and got it done on Sat. They look SOOO much better, even though they were freshly painted (with completely matte paint) when we moved in, they still look so much brighter with the yellow on them instead of sterile white. It's amazing how not bright white can look after a while, in my opinion. Now we just have to do the halls and a couple walls in our room and the kids rooms, and most of the matte white will be covered up. Another weekend down the line. . .

3 comments:

kellebelle said...

I'm totally with you on the chores. I need to get my kids more involved, too. But I love how smart you are to let them help you paint, but strip 'em down first! You must have done this before...

Good work. :)

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

It is so wonderful when the kids are old enough to do chores! I rarely clean the kitchen floor or do dishes anymore.

Desi said...

Your floor looks very nice. I'm always amazed at how quickly my kids can undo house worth of housework! The paint looks nice, too. I think color makes a room feel warmer and more inviting.