Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight Zone

So I went to the Midnight showing of Twilight, kinda unlike me considering I am NOT fanatical about these books. . . but we had a RS craft thing earlier that night and the girl hosting thought it would be fun to go afterwards, which it was. We made a lovely wreath, and then headed off to the show. First off, we were probably 7 out of the 15 people over the age of 21. I suddenly felt very old! Gratefully they let us into the theater and not in the lobby or outside. I guess people had been in the theater since like 8pm? and waiting in the lobby since 1pm. Harry Potter, I can see that for, but Twilight?? How they could afford to do this and not show other movies on the screen I do not know. Anyway, we ate too much popcorn, drank WAY too much soda, and had some laughs before the movie started. I thought the movie was good, but didn't live up to all the hype, which happens with too many movies these days I think. The cheeziness was beyond belief, but I kinda expected that. The overall story was pretty accurate, which is always good, and the special effects were very Bionic Man. I'm glad I went and saw it, it was a fun movie, and I had a really great night. So what did all you guys think?

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Dito to everything you said! I will add that Robert has a very nice smile and I am excited to watch it again.

Judy said...

I went as well, me and my sister were embarassed that we did... you know we never go to movies on opening weekend, or hardly ever for that matter. But, it was a girl weekend thing and we were invited. Anyway, it was cheesy and comical where it probably shouldn't have been. I do not like the Edward... snaggly toothed and boufant hair and if I knew any teenage girls I know I'd be in danger of saying that stuff, but I don't... anyway, it was fun to get out.

Janessa @ Treasure Hunting Mommy said...

I think the best part of your night was me right?! ;)

gwyn said...

It was totally worth my $7.50 to stare at a hot guy for two hours. Yes, cheesy, and yes, the special effects were hilarious, but it was everything the books were: brain candy. It was all I asked it to be! I,too, did not intend to go opening weekend but had a girlfriend who wanted to go for her birthday. And I could seriously use an evening out and it was fun to go and laugh with a bunch of friends. And did I mention the hot guy? :)

Alison Ward said...

I think the hottest guy in the movie was Carlisle though!! with Edward 2nd in certain shots. Jacob would be up there if he'd cut his hair!!!

Lacey said...

Yes very Cheesy! I didn't expect much and it was better than I thought it would be!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I did not like the movie. Parts were good and I loved Alice and Emmett but Edward completely killed it for me. I'm glad you had a fun night though! Yeah for midnight showings!