Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Not Much Happenin'

Just thought I'd write a quick post about what's happening, or not happening at our house the last couple weeks. We've just been hanging around for the most part, doing laundry, washing dishes, playing Leapfrog Bingo (the kid's favorite game), reading books, that's about it! Chris has been writing papers and studying for tests, the kids and I drove around looking for Christmas lights the other night to give him an hour of quiet time. We found 15 houses with Christmas lights, mostly all in one neighborhood. We probably drove around for a good hour. I thought that there would be more, frankly. I guess Missourians are all for the Christmas lights AFTER Thanksgiving tradition, which is fine by me. You wouldn't know it by what's in the stores though, most of the Christmas stuff was up a couple weeks before Halloween?! and while we were in Branson a couple weeks ago they had Santa and Mrs. Claus strolling about, which I thought was VERY early. We don't have our lights up yet, but plan to put them and the tree up this weekend, seeing as we'll be leaving here on the 16th to go to UT. We gotta get at least 3 weeks of tree time in?! So anyway, nothing too exciting has been going on. We ARE going to Chucky Cheese today for a Bday party, so maybe I'll take some pics and post those. TTFN

7 comments:

Jamie said...

It sounds like you have been very busy with your craft business lately so i'm glad you had a quiet and relaxing day :) And yea, I think all of this early Christmas stuff is out of control. I was listening to Christmas music on the radio yesterday thinking, "it's 70 degrees outside, why are they playing this???"

According to the Hansen said...

Sounds like you are doing great with your family and your craft business. Everyone loves all my things at work, and I tell 'em I get them from a friend. We start Christmas was to early - enjoy what is suppose to be first - THANKSGIVING, then do Christmas! Terese

Jamie said...

We put our lights up this week because if you don't do it early out here you freeze your butt off!!! There is a lot more "nothing going on" when you live away from family huh?

Jenny said...

It was good to see Chris when he was in town! When you guys come for Christmas we really should all get together and have a little party! :) (If you can squeeze us in with family) Oh tell Chris Angela was mad he didnt visit her. lol

Desi said...

I bet you are excited to come home for Christmas. I would be. It would be hard to be so far away from family. I'm sure you have made some great friends there. The crafts you make are really cute!

Chris Robinson said...

Hey you! I really like reading your blog. Sorry we don't have too much snow, it does make it prettier. It also make it really hard to drive. I can't say that I miss Utah winters. Pictures of snow work just fine for me.

Jennie Z said...

I just put Christmas up too. We are leaving for Thanksgiving and then are only home 2 weeks before we leave again. I didn't want to go to all the work for nothing! See you soon!