Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween 2008

We had a great Halloween. We carved pumpkins a couple nights before Halloween, the kids wanted to paint theirs as well. Maci's is quite colorful! Maci dressed up like Aleena from the Barbie Movies for school, they were supposed to dress up as someone with "good character" and were not allowed to wear "halloween" costumes?! so she couldn't wear her Witch costume. I was ok with that, I wouldn't want to see Freddie Kreuger at her school either. And it was not a Halloween party they had, it was a Fall party. They're very PC which is weird, but understandable I guess. . . Anyway she had a good time at her party at school.

We went to our friend's house to trick or treat, they have a lot of younger families on their streets and we wanted to go with friends, it's always more fun that way. We went with the Dunakey's, Petersen's, and Eckersley's. It was really fun. All the kids had very creative costumes and had a great time running from house to house. The parents had a hard time keeping up! They got a load of candy, and I was impressed with the quality, none of this All Dum Dums and Smarties and Rock Hard Bubble Gum, we're talking Snickers, Milky Way, Butterfinger, the good stuff!! And of course Maci is allergic to PB so I HAD to get rid of those ones for her ;)

So now we have way too much candy around. . . my friend has a website with some great ideas on how to get rid of the extra candy. www.meckmom.com Check it out, it's a really fun website with tons of great organization and mom friendly advice. Hope you all had a great Halloween! from all the posts it sure looks like it. Now we're on to an even scarier adventure, POTTY TRAINING!!!!! AGGGGG!





We had 3 witches flying through the air


Super Cool Spider Man. Gavin switched between Spiderman and Batman, I'd made him a Batman shirt and we got some gloves, but the day before he decided he still wanted to be Spiderman. We painted his face really cool, that was his favorite part.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck potty training Chris, it's hard to teach old dogs new tricks, and he's not going to be much different.

Jamie said...

Cute costumes! I'm glad you guys have made friends and had a fun Halloween!

sourfleed said...

LOL @ Joel....now I forgot what I was gonna say!

Your kids are so creative like their mama! Looks like you guys had so much fun!

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

Looks like fun! I love Halloween!

Jamie said...

I remember as a kid always going to chris's house trick or treating. His dad did scarey crap in their garage. I think he made us stick our hand in a bowl of slimy stuff once! I still don't know what it was! I think they started handing out king size candy bars or something too! Ask Chris if this is true or if I'm just crazy!

Christy said...

Good luck potty training. We tried that once, and I gave up fast. I wish you all the best!

Jenny said...

WOW! You guys had a great Halloween! I have never heard of a school not allowing certain costumes, thats a new one! The kids look great and the pumpkins too. Good luck with potty training, I hear it is tuff stuff!