Thursday, October 16, 2008

I made Maci throw up today.

So I had a really bad mom moment today. I packed Maci's lunch, and specifically found the last granola bar that was just chocolate chip, no peanut butter. She's allergic to PB. So I THOUGHT I put that one in her lunch, but turns out, I didn't. I got a voicemail from the nurse around 2:30, saying she'd thrown up because she thought she ate some PB and that she was fine now, but they'd given her a shirt to wear, etc. Uggg talk about guilt! I figured out what I must have done. I didn't call the school, cause I figured if she was fine, no need to do that now. And they called like 3 hours after they each lunch? I'm sure she must have thrown up around 12:00, she usually throws up right after she eats something with peanuts. She said she smelled the granola bar and it didn't smell like PB, ate one bite and knew that it had PB in it. 1 bite! and she throws up. Oh well, I guess I should be glad she doesn't have some deathly allergic reaction. I felt really bad though. She was a trooper and said everyone was nice to her and didn't tease her. I am a horrible mother! today anyway.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh no! I am glad Maci is okay. Dont be so hard on yourself, you are a great mom! :)

Janessa @ Treasure Hunting Mommy said...

After one bite?! Wow. I'm really really glad Maci told me. I would have felt so terrible feeding her a pb and honey sandwich! I love your blog Alison.

Judy said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! You are a great mom. I bet it is scary to have her eat anywhere! At least it's not super bad like you said when she does have a reaction.

Christy said...

You are an amazing mom! Try not to be so hard on yourself. Everyone makes mistakes. I swear that once we give birth we not only get our beautiful babies, but along with it also comes a truck load of guilt ready to dump every time we turn the corner. It's just part of being a mom. There must be something with this week, because it was a doozy for me too. Keep your chin up and know that we think you are great.

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

You are a good mom! We've all had those moments... Miss you! WE just had another ward re-alignment. I didn't make it back into the second ward, but Daphne did(Peach place). Our house is the cutoff. Part of the second ward got split of down by Orchard and formed a 9th ward. Your old house is in the 9th ward too. Crazy, horrible stuff!! I am having major issues with it...

Michelle said...

Macey is so cute. And it seems like she is quite the detective after one bite!!

Michelle said...

Maci I mean. haha