Monday, September 1, 2008

Wonderful Labor(less) Day

We just had the best Labor Day ever I think. There's a few days that come along that are just perfect, in almost every way, today was one of those days. First off Chris let me sleep in till an unsightly 10 am!! I NEVER do that! but it was really nice, so thank you babe! He already had the kids fed, dressed, and had mowed the lawn and trimmed all the bushes in the back yard. What a guy! Then he thought it would be fun if we took a day trip to some flea markets and wound our way through the Ozarks for a fun adventure. I was game of course!

First we went to a little town called Crane, where they're supposed to have some great flea markets. We walked through about 5, meandering among all the old things, finding a few fun things in the bunch. We got an old bottle, something we collect from our various vacation spots, and a fun porch crate to put cute things in. We also got an old pallet that a lady had painted pumpkins on that said "Welcome to our patch", it's very cute. The kids had fun looking at all the stuff, and the drive there was gorgeous! We've decided we live in a very beautiful spot, even if it is a tidge on the humid side. We also stopped and saw some baby cows in a field, the kids got a kick out of that.

Our next stop was to an old bridge with a river below that has public access. It's a beautiful view, and the water was very pleasant. Next time we're going to remember to bring some shoes that can get wet though, walking on the rocks was not too fun! But the kids had a ball splashing in the river and looking for fish. We had a great time.

Then we decided to drive in to Branson for dinner. On the way we passed a dairy farm that had a sign out that said Fresh Cheese Curds Today. So of course we had to stop there!! I haven't had cheese curds for a long time! and it totally brought both Chris and I back to our childhoods. The kids really liked them, I wasn't sure if they would. So that was a fun pit stop.

We got to Branson and decided to do a little shopping at the outlet mall. I was kind of disappointed, the prices seemed better in Park City even though it's the same shops. I didn't buy anything, but we did find Chris a new pair of shoes he's been needing, so that was good. I'll just have to go to Park City when we come home to visit! Then it was off to the Rib Crib for some grub. They dooooo have gooooood BBQ down here. I always get this baked potato that they load with cheese, beef brisket, sour cream, and then BBQ sauce, soooooooo good! Chris got ribs and brisket, it was all very yummy. Then it was back home for a bath and bed. We had such a fun time meandering along the little country highways. The Ozarks really are beautiful, and we cannot WAIT for the leaves to start changing. Chris will be in HOG FALL HEAVEN!! Have I convinced any of you to come visit yet??

Just a cool old barn we passed.

Flea Market Main Street in Crane, MO There must have been at least 10 on this street alone.

Ahh, how sweet! They were so nice to each other today, it was a perfect day.

Let's hope she doesn't get Ecoli or something!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

That's the good thing about being away from family, you get to make more memories with just your little family. It is so beautiful out there. Hey, how long are you going to be out there again?

Yes I just do that letter thing because I think it's cute! I can't figure out how to get my titles of my posts from being so bold and it's ugly so I started doing that instead.:)

Jamie said...

It looks like you have already found lots of fun places to visit. How fun!

Veena said...

What a great day!! You guys did so much fun stuff that I got exhausted just reading about it. FYI, a few years back we went on a family vacation to the Lake of the Ozarks and loved it.

Jenny said...

Fun fun! I love the pictures. Chris is so nice to let you sleep in, I can only hope Eric is that nice when we have kids. I have a feeling he wont be. JK ;)

How is the Branson thing going?