Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cider Days

We went to a Springfield Festival called Cider Days yesterday. It's on historic Walnut St. which has lots of really cool old victorian houses on it. I just Wikipedia'd Walnut street and it says that there are 21 houses built before the 1900 mark that are still around, and 59 from 1900-1910! They're really fun to look at and have a grand presence. There are 150 historic buildings in the district as a whole. They had a "scarecrow village" which I admit I was picturing something a little more grand than what we got, but it was fun anyway. You can submit your scarecrow and make one of your own, kind of like the festival of trees on a much smaller scale! They had lots of craft booths and food, live music, etc. so it was fun to browse and eat a gigantic corn dog, they had a bouncer house for the kids, it was a fun day. I might think about doing a booth there next year, they didn't really have any stuff like my stuff there. There was a lot of jewelry and local handmade pottery. It was fun, I'm glad we went.



This was the coolest scarecrow I though, it was a mummy one. The detail on it was cool.


I try not to get too political on here, don't get me started! But I couldn't resist taking this picture, the Obama people camped out by the port-o-potties?! Take it as you will. . .

3 comments:

DeSpain Domain said...

It sounds like you are keeping yourself busy! I am glad all is well. I had to laugh when you called Time Out for Women and EFY thing for LDS women...I couldn't help but think about when we went to EFY and the things we did. Good times.

sourfleed said...

This looks like a lot of fun! I love that scarecrow and definitely wish there was more stuff like this in Utah...oh wait. Maybe there is, and I just don't know about it??

Janessa @ Treasure Hunting Mommy said...

Alison- Cider Days looks like so much fun! Your blog is really cute and I soooo want your BOO blocks. I'll start saving my allowance! LOL :)