Sunday, September 7, 2008

A New Addition to our Family

So I know this might be kind of weird to announce on a blog, but you've gotta do it sometime, right? We thought it was finally time to have a new addition in our family, after all, Gavin is 3! So after much thought and contemplation, here's our official announcement.


We




Are






Pet owners!!!
Gotcha, eh?!
I don't know if owning two fish really qualifies you as "pet owners", but we'll take the title with all it's worth. After all, we do have to feed them, and wash out their bowl, which can be a very stinky job, and we do lovingly talk to them in baby voices through the glass. We promised Maci and Gavin that they could get a pet when we moved, to try and fill the friend and cousin void they would definitely be feeling. We decided on a fish because they do not rip up the yard or tear wholes in hoses, they do not have fur to make me sneeze and itch, and they take up a small amount of space. Sounds like the perfect pet to me. As most of you know I'm not really a "pet person". But so far the fish have made themselves at home and I have not found need to dislike them yet. Maci named hers Diamond Jewel, and Gavin named his Tiger. Very good names for their respective personalities, the kids, not the fish. Tiger is the orange one and Diamond is the whiter one that you can't see very well. You'll have to wait a little longer for the REAL new addition post, hopefully it will be coming in the somewhat near future. For now, the fish will have to do!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometime in the near future? What! No! You promised!!! I feel so betrayed.

I will not visit you. Yep, that's right, that's a THREAT! Take that!

Jenny said...

You seriously had me fooled! Cute fish.

Bench Family said...

We went with the fish route too. It's nice and easy...until they die! That was a hard one to explain to Tanner. Good thing they are easily replaceable!

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

Your funny!!! We've done fish. Good luck!! I'd rather have no pets. I give in every six months and then they die. It sounds like you guys are doing well. I miss you.

Jennie Z said...

Ha Ha! Fish are a great option. I wish them a happy long life. Which really means I hope they don't end up in the toilet next week!

Michelle said...

Congrats! I hope that your fish live longer than ours did :)

Judy said...

I love our pet days. Our poor kids will never have pets... so on days that it rains and all the worms come out on the driveway our kids go outside and gather worms and play with them. I feel like it serves whatever pet need we have right? :)

Angie Prusse said...

Congrats on your new addition! I loved our fish we had in our apt in SL. Now, we moved up to a dog! Have fun with your new pet! And good luck with getting your "other addition"! :)

Debra said...

Oh that was funny!!! Cute fish....
You have a very nice blog!

Fryer Family said...

You got me.. We got Livy 2 gold fish a month ago and they died within a week.. I guess they don't last and need oxygen so we went bought a beta.. Best pet ever, and it has lasted almost a month Yea...

Jenny Fryer

You'll have to check Livy's blog out..

Jamie said...

Good one! That was funny! So are the fish dead yet? I give them a month tops!:)

Jenny said...

I am having blog withdrawls! What have you guys been up to? :)

Jamie said...

my SIL Misa just told me that she had ordered some stuff from you for her super saturday. Too funny that neither of you said anything before :) Misa said you are wonderful (but we already know that....)

Jeff said...

I checked out your blog and it's super cute....and wow you're popular 13 comments on one post! Now I know who to hang out with!

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.