Friday, September 19, 2008

I can't think of a catchy title

So there, that will be the title. Anyway, it's been a while since my last post! Sorry for the delay, I'm sure all inquiring minds want to know what we've been up to. So here goes a couple weeks in review.


Last weekend I went to St. Louis with 2 other girls in my ward to Time Out for Women. This is an EFY type thing for LDS women, it's a 2 day event. We went Friday night and ate at the Cheesecake Factory, yummmm. I even made sure not to eat too much so I had room for the cheesecake. It was delish. They had a concert for the event but we decided not to go, and go to eat instead :) We stayed at the Embassy Suites where the thing was being held, the room was really nice. One of the girls I went with, her husband has lots of frequent flyer stuff so we got the room for free.

Sat. we heard from about 5 speakers and 2 musical performances, Hilary Weeks and Cherie Call. They were all so great! It was very inspiring and uplifting and a much needed break. The talks were all on how to have more Joy in your life, and I'm going to really try and put some of the things they talked about into use. I think the most important thing I got out of it, and it seems like I've been having flashes of this a lot lately, is to just enjoy the moment. Don't worry about how clean, or not clean, your house is (to a point, mom :) ) just enjoy being with your kids and your family, live in the moment, don't sweat the small stuff, all that jazz. I played Bingo this morning with Gavin for 15 minutes and it was definitely the best part of my day. I need to do it more often! So if you ever get a chance to go to one of these, you should definitely go. I think those of us in UT sometimes don't take advantage of all the great things the church organizations have to offer because we're so surrounded by it all the time. But here women really rally around each other in the church and bond as a group, and I loved it. So go the next time it's in town! Thanks to my two new friends, Angelita and Karmen for inviting me to go with them, they've been so fun and great to be around, and so welcoming! Thanks guys.

http://deseretbook.com/time-out/


So Chris was great and took great care of the kids while I was gone. The house was spotless when I got home, and the kids had a great daddy weekend. So thank you babe for letting me go!

Chris has been working again this week full time, I dont' know if I posted that, but he's working for a guy in the ward. He's liking it ok, and we're grateful for the offer and that he's willing to work with Chris's school schedule. He starts next week on the 24th. He's very excited to get going. Maci has been doing great in school and loving it. She really wants to ride the bus. . . I told her she could on Monday and we'll see how it goes. I've heard that there's some unsavory language used on the bus. . . I'll have to quiz her on what she heard when she gets home. She's learning a lot about how to be healthy, so we're trying as a family to be better about eating (and drinking) healthy. She's really into drinking water these days, which is great. She has never really liked drinking water, but I guess when your teacher says it's a good thing, THEN it's a good thing. I'm glad for that, but it's kinda scary at the same time, teacher's have a lot of power. I'm glad we can always talk about what she's learning in school and steer her if there's a need, which there hasn't been so far. You never know?!

Gavin has been a trooper this week. We got him a spiderman costume for halloween and he's been wearing it non stop, even to bed a couple nights. I finally said I needed to wash it and he relenquished it, so we'll see if it holds up till Halloween.


I've been really busy doing crafts, I got my Branson booth set up this week, and have sold something every day this week on Etsy. I'm also working on redoing my website a little, I'll post when it's finished so you guys can check out the new do. There's a few new things on there, I know I haven't put new stuff on there since Christmas! I need to put some more shelves in and definitely more stuff, but I wanted to get it up and running. I haven't been able to check and see if anything has sold yet, keep your fingers crossed!



Today I locked myself out of the house without my car keys. I was going to pick Maci up from school. I called Angelita and she was able to pick up Maci, and I called Chris and he was there in about 20 minutes to unlock the door. I was so glad I knew someone from the ward well enough to know that I didn't have to worry about Maci. It's so great to be a part of something so stable and inclusive, I've really appreciated these ladies taking me in under their wing and making me feel at home! I don't know what I would have done today without Angelita!

Hope you're all doing well, I lost all my links for blogs, that's why some of yours are gone over to the right. I will get them back up slowly but surely. Love you and miss you all!

5 comments:

Jeff said...

Thanks for the rundown of Time Out for Women - wish I could have been there.....oh wait, I was! I had a great time with you, thanks to all your Utah people for sharing you here in MO!

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

I'm glad things are going well. The church is a wonderful thing! I guess it really is an eye opener to live outside of Utah. I'm glad you made some friends quickly. I sure miss you!

Judy said...

I once went to a Hilary Weeks thing - which I almost didn't go to... so much church stuff around here ;) and it was great. I came home thinking I could be a better mom and it lasted all the way until my kids woke up the next morning. Just kidding. Anyway, sounds like you had fun!

Jennie Z said...

I went to that Time Out thing too (in FL) It was great! You guys sound so busy. I hope the craft business goes well. I can't believe Chris is just starting school. That is a nice late start date!

Maria said...

we're glad you're doing well, it's so nice to have the church, because you can always find friends! especially outside of UT, most church members cling to eachother!
Tell Macy hi from Ethan!