Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Gavin's Hair



Yes, now that I look at all those pictures from Easter I realize how bad it really looks. Believe me, we've TRIED to cut it! Several times. But he throws such a fit, kicking, screaming, crying, we have yet to just hold him down and shave it, mostly because I'm afraid I'll cut him rather than the actual fit itself. We've tried bribes. We've tried asking him if he wants to cut just the sides, I know a mohawk is a little crazy but it would be better than this, we've asked him if he wants to go sit in a cool chair at Cookie Cutters, no dice. He says he wants it to grow up to the sky, which might happen if we don't do something soon! When we put gel in it it looks semi decent, but it usually only lasts a couple hours, if that. So what's a mom to do?! He's just too darn cute.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

How funny! I love that he wants it to grow up to the sky.

Tyson and Angela said...

Don't you love kids! Cutting kids' hair is so tough! But, I do think your best bet it to get some clippers with guards on it so he won't get cut and just hold him down. I hate doing that...but sometimes that is what it takes. Then I guess a reward will help in the end...tough thing! Or...watch a movie while cutting it if watching a movie distracts him...that's all I got. Good luck! I am diggin' the mohawk thing though! Your kid sounds like he is going to be a hippy! :) j/k

Michelle said...

Little boy hair is SO hard! If we don't buzz our boys it is just always sticking up everywhere...it's true...when you do fix it it is so temporary. He looks cute though!