Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lion's, Tigers, and Soccer, Oh My

We had a fun week last week, BUSY! but fun. I'm trying to get caught up on my craft stuff, I think I'm finally there, but got a couple orders yesterday and have an enrichment for my ward next week. Just when I think I'm caught up! I've sent out 15 boxes in the last 6 days, not too shabby! It's really blessing our family, so I can't complain about the time. Lots of late nights, but sometimes I can't sleep anyway so might as well get some painting done, right?

So besides painting stuff, Gavy and I went to the Dickerson Park Zoo with some friends last week. We had gorgeous weather last week, in the 70s mostly! but it's plummeted back down this week back into the 30s, rgggh Spring. The Zoo was pretty good, the kids had a great time and the mom's had fun chatting. Gavin really wanted to see a lion with "big hair", but they only had mommy lions. He was kind of disappointed, but still had a fun time with his girlfriends. He's one of 2 boys in his sunbeam class, seems like all our little friends his age are girls! He keeps saying he wants a friend that's a boy :( He's already working the ladies at this young age!


Who knew Iron Man visited the zoo so often?!


Maci also had an exciting thing. On Monday she started soccer! We'd decided to take her out of dance, seemed like they were doing the same thing week after week and it was about 20 min. away, and to be in the recital was 130$???? and none of her little friends were doing the recital either because it was too expensive, so we decided to try something new. She was so excited to start practice, her coach called and let us know when it would be and she could not stop talking about it. We got her a little ball and cool tall socks, a neighbor let us borrow some shin guards. She looked so cute all dressed in her garb! She was a little nervous for her first practice but did a great job! Her coach was really great at motivating the kids and showing them how to do it right if they were a little lost, but in a very positive way. She made great improvements just during the 1hr practice. She's very excited about her first game on the 28th. I'm proud of her for trying something new and trying her best. Way to go, soccer chick!!


6 comments:

kellebelle said...

Those soccer pics are really cute! How fun.

Camilla is the only girl in her Sunbeam class, and she has two male teachers. Each week I leave her in a little sea of boys! Fortunately, a couple of our neighbors have girls just her age, so she still has little playmates during the week.

Way to go on all your craft work... I'm sure that takes lots of time!

Judy said...

The Iron Man costume makes me laugh!

DeSpain Domain said...

What a fun and busy week. Maci should do great at soccer, if she is anything like her old man. :) Great job on the crafts. That is awesome you are able to keep it up.

Mary said...

Maci
Soccer looks like a lot of fun. Parker told me yesterday. Mom you know who I miss? I said Who? Maci. I wonder when we will see her again. Maybe you guys should talk to each other once in a while. Miss you too ali. I told Sky that I miss hanging out and visiting. It sounds like you are doing great. Call me sometime.

Jamie said...

You are so talented. I still have all of my "ally's attic" crafts all over my house :) I am just getting ready to pull out all of my Spring deco!

Katie Groneman said...

Go soccer Chick!