Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow Day

Seems as though I'm about 2 weeks behind on all my posts! Oh well, such is life. We got a dump of snow about a week ago, way more than we saw last year during the entire winter. Maci got out of school one day, so we took advantage of the rare build up of snow and went sledding! We actually left all our sleds in Utah, one less thing to pack at the time, so we had to scrounge around the city and find some. Walmart was out, but Ace saved the day :-D We had a really great time, day one was pretty cold, it was still snowing and very windy. But we woke up the next morning, Saturday, and it had snowed another 3-4 inches and was a beautiful sunny day! so we headed for round 2. It was really fun, the kids had a blast, and I got a great workout climbing up and down the hill. It's not Utah snow, but we took what we could get!!

Day 1, snowy and COLD!!



Day 2, much warmer!! we'd all shed our coats by the end.


Gavy likes the on the knees and backwards approach.


We built a killer "jump", until Chris tried it and totally obliterated it :-D

Chris started seeing clients at the clinic, which he's very excited about. He came home his first day of seeing someone and just had a fire in him! he was so pumped about it. So PHEW that he likes it!! and will be great at it as well. Maci's been reading up a storm and doing great in school. She's in a book club her teacher started where they read things and then make collages, watercolors, and other art things to go with the stories for comprehension, which I think is fabulous!! she's really enjoying that. We can't believe our little girl is turning 7 this week!! We have a slew of plans for the weekend, they actually don't have school on Friday because of a Parent Teacher Conf. make up day, so we'll get to party all day!! and Sat. too probably. We'll post pictures. Gavin is all boy still, loves to play the wii, and we've been trying to squeeze in a little learning every day with letter flashcards and coloring, etc. We may opt for a "real" preschool next year, he's very NOT ready for kindergarten, but I'm sure he'll be ready by the time it comes.

I've been busy busy with wood stuff, I've tried to cut back and have done better, but I think I still need to cut back more!! So we're working on that. I am officially off the board of the PTA though, so that's a step in the right direction, right? I still had one toe in all these months, but officially resigned last week, Phew :-D I still plan on volunteering for the parties, etc, just not in charge of them, which is great. I really commend people who can do PTA 100%, but I am not one of those people right now, maybe when my kids get older.

No bun in the oven yet. . . that's all I'll say about that :-D

And that's our last month in review!

1 comments:

gwyn said...

Fun pictures! So jealous of all that great snow. And I can't believe Maci is turning 7 either! Craziness. So glad to hear your off the PTA - I am only minorly involved and it still can be such a stress. Enjoy taking a breather.