Monday, December 15, 2008

An Early Visitor!

We're heading out for UT tomorrow!! and due to limited space in our suitcases, we let Santa know that he may need to make an early appearance at our house! So the kids wrote letters and asked for their things, and let him know we'd be in UT on Christmas Day. He wrote back and said that he was going to bring their "big" presents a little early so we didn't have to pack them home in our suitcases. So he came on Sat. morning, bright and early as promised. He even ate the cookies and milk we left and Rudolph snarfed up the carrots. We had a fun time, even if the kids were still a little confused at the small amount of presents they received, only 2 each. We kept having to say, you're getting some more in UT, not a lot more, but SOME more. . . I think it finally sunk in. Maci got an oversized Barbie doll, that she has dressed up several times already, and a new 2 wheeled scooter. Gavin got a remote control 4 wheeler and an Iron Man Big Wheel, so he doesn't have to use Maci's old Barbie one anymore ;-) They were both thrilled with their gifts and have played with them a lot already. I'm not sure why Maci looks drugged in all these pics, I think I need to NOT say, 1,2,3 cheese?! or something.

After the big wind up of Santa and the toys, it was apparent that Maci was NOT feeling well, she had said the night before that she was feeling sick and she had a pretty high fever that we were treating with Tylenol. So when it got up to 102.7 we decided we better take her in. There's an Urgent Care really close to here, I haven't set us up with a Pediatrician yet, stupid I know, so we went to the Urgent Care first. I get there and the lady at the front desk says, Oh, you have a child? the Dr. on call today doesn't "do" kids." I was like, WHAT?! I guess they really have a no pediatrics on the weekends policy, but if a pediatric Dr. is working, then sometimes he'll take kids. But I was flabergasted that there would be any urgent care that didn't take kids at all?!? very weird!! So I had to drive all the way into Springfield, and then when I got to the "Pediatric" urgent care, they take appointments, so the earliest I could get was 2 hours later. Do we wait? Do we drive home to stay for an hour and drive back? We chose the latter. . . but at least next time we'll know that we can call in advance, which is actually nice so you don't have to sit there waiting for 2 hours which we HAVE done at an IHC instacare. So anyway, she has strep, and I'm kinda glad because at least we can give her medicine that will actually help and make it go away. Gav, Maci and I all caught the stomach bug last week, it has not been a good health month! But she's feeling much better today and went to school for her last day before we leave. I'm hoping no one else gets it, but if they do at least we'll know what it is! So that's my first experience with the MO health services. The Dr. was actually really great and I'm considering signing up with him just because he was so nice. But we'll probably go with someone closer here in Nixa. Sorry to bore you with that story but I was just so frustrated that day!

So here's fun pics of the kids toys. See some of you SOON!!!









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a gigantic Barbie!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alison! I just found your blog and enjoyed getting to know your family better. I love how you invited Santa to come a bit early to drop off the big stuff. What a great idea! Shalah